Check the man dhcpd.conf
Look at the group and host options.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerry Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 11:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DHCP question

Can you guys point me to a good How-To or something similar on DHCP?  I
need to see if I can figure out a way to assign specific ranges of IP
addresses on a single physical network to different departments.  I'm at a
new company and they have the depts segregated by IP addresses (ie.
marketing might be 192.168.1.0, sales might be 192.168.2.0, etc) and
they're using static addresses.  Do you guys know of a good way to
implement something similar w/ DHCP so we don't have to manage the IP
addresses manually?

Also, thanks for the help with my "silly scripting question" last week, I
finally just set up a share on the windoze box, mounted it as an smbfs on
the linux box, and all was right with the world!

I checked the how-to's and didn't see a DHCP how-to unless it's under
another topic, can you guys send me to a how-to or someplace I can rtfm?

Tnx,
Kerry Miller