Bart SCHELSTRAETE wrote:

Don Leeper wrote:

I have upgraded a couple of my boxes from 7.3 to 8.0 and it broke sendmail. I went to remove it and try to reinstall it but it said it was there. Has anyone else had this problem after upgrade?

HEll Don,

Can you please give us a little more information?
What error messages did you receive?

rgrds,

Bart

My experience is that upgrading form 7.3 to 8.0 results in sendmail being upgraded. What I have had to do is go to the sendmail.mc line that causes sendmail to listen only on the local loop (localhost) and comment that out. You should see the lines:

dnl This changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device 127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment this out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

You need to put a dnl in front of the last line . Once you've done that, you need to regenerate sendmail.cf