On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 17:41, Don Leeper wrote:
> That was the fix thanks so much. I went into that file and commented out
> where it said:
>
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
> Now its:
>
> ###O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
> Do you know if there are going to be issues by doing this? I am fairly new
> to this.
>
> Don

You really should have made the modifications to sendmail.mc instead of
sendmail.cf.  While you can modify the .cf file it is a lot harder in
many cases and if you install a new version of sendmail you may lose any
customizations you made.

That's why there is a sendmail.mc.  It is the file that the sendmail
folks expect you to change.  It's in English as opposed to the sendmail
code in the .cf file

Personally I'd go back to the sendmail.mc file, make the changes as
pointed out in the original message to you, and then regenerate the .cf
file.  You can do that in RH 7.3 by running the m4 macro.  Read the
/usr/share/doc/sendmail*/README.cf file.

If you're actually using RH 7.3 then you do the following:

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

In RH 8.0 sendmail.cf is in /etc/mail.

Gerry