Stephen Corey <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thursday, 6 March 2003
07:29:

> Has anyone gotten FreeSWAN working on RH 7.3? I'm
> trying it now, and getting an error recompiling the
> kernel with the AES patch. I was wondering if anyone
> had a step-by-step on it that applied to 7.3..

I got it to work (7.3), with a bit of tinkering with the configuration
in freeswan.
Differences in my case were:
1. I build the kernel without module support.
2. The kernel is for a different machine than where it is being compiled
and I don't use the standard RH source directory naming convention.
3. I was building Super-freeswan (www.freeswan.ca) with
 some preapplied patches.

1. make sure you have first configured and built your kernel, before
adding freeswan. You might need a "make mrproper", depending on your
setup.
2. edit the freeswan config info -  in Makefile.inc.
I had to set some items such
as "KERNCLEAN" and KERNDEP to null string. I'm working from memory,
so it's a bit hazy. One of these was necessary, the other does not
seem to have been a problem.
3. I also edited KERNSRC to point specifically to my source.

It then seemed to work smoothly (until I had to learn about certificates)

Cameron.