On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:58:36PM -0500, Joe Polk wrote:
> My bad. FOr RH7.3 that is the latest sendmail, not 8.12. Hmmm.
>
> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 23:56, Joe Polk wrote:
> > Why is up2date pushing 8.11 sendmail-cf and sendmail-devel rpms onto a
> > sendmail-8.12 isntall?
> >
> > sendmail-cf-8.11.6-23.73.i3
> > sendmail-devel-8.11.6-23.73
> >
> > Should I be concerned?
> >
> > <<JAV>>

Just fyi - RedHat has updated all versions of sendmail for RH releases
6.2 thru RH 8.0 .

A buffer overflow security problem is the reason.  The bug has been fixed
and these updates allow user's of any RH release to update their particular
version of sendmail without having to do a major sendmail upgrade which
could break their configuration.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an