On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 11:46:01AM -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> If you have an accurate package list, then you don't have to go through
> the pain of finding the packages for all files.  Just "rpm -ivh --justdb
> <package> for each of the packages.
>
> One of the weekly cron jobs dumps the results of "rpm -qa" to
> /var/log/rpmpkgs.  That might be a place to start, but you'll need to know
> what you've upgraded since the last dump.

If all you've done is update Red Hat packages, it shouldn't be too bad.
Do the --justdb on all the packages and then run up2date again.  Since
the up2date packages are just security releases and I don't believe any
of the recent ones updated any config files, updating again should be
relatively safe.

I didn't know (or forogt) about the rpmpkgs file.  Thanks for the
pointer/reminder!

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]