On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 09:57:17AM +0100, Schelstraete Bart wrote:
> hendra wrote:
> > Hai, anyone can help me. How to mount NTFS mode read-write?
> > I'm using LINUX RH 7.3.

Hi Hendra, i think Bart miss-read your question.  I think his advice
works very well for "NFA" (Network File Systems) but won't
work for "NTFS" file systems.

As others have mentioned, the NTFS drivers for Linux are still
not proven to be reliable allthough some folks have had excellent results
others haven't.  If you want to use NTFS Read-Write under Linux, do back up
all the info you may  need from that partiton.  Otherwise mount it read only.

> For example: in /etc/exports file
Hendra wanted to know about N"T"FS not "NFS".

> ##
> /mnt/cdrom      host(rw)
Second - Can you really mount a CD-ROM as a writable device ?
Wouldn't that cause some problems?

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an