Quoting Eric Sisler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > I'm on a RedHat 7.3 using postfix, and I found out that the only way to
> have
> > > mailman is installing sendmail.
>
> Not true.  I'm running RedHat 7.3, mailman and postfix.  In fact the
> mailman website recommends postfix over sendmail.  (at least the last
> time I looked it did.)

You're surelly using Simon's RPM, because with RedHats postfix rpm you would
find this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -e sendmail
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
        /usr/bin/newaliases   is needed by mailman-2.0.13-1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -q postfix
postfix-1.1.7-2

> > > Checking I found that the postfix rpm that
> > > comes with RedHat doesn't provide /usr/bin/newaliases.
> > > I found a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com from last year, and there
> isn't an
> > > update for this bug, which is very easy to solve (just have to add the
> > > provide to the rpm).
>
> On my server /usr/bin/newaliases is a symlink to "/usr/bin/newalias"
> which is in turn a symlink to "/usr/bin/newaliases.postfix".  You should
> be able to create the necessary symlinks manually.

Links don't matter. Postix is running great, with the postfix mailq, sendmail
and newaliases. But if I want to install mailman I need to meet the
dependencies, and one of those is to have /usr/bin/newaliases, which isn't in
the list of provides that postfix has.

Any way, I patched the spec file that comes with the rpm and I'm recompiling.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?