Update.  I returned the 256mb flash and the new one seems to work brilliantly. I was forced to get another of the same simpletech brand by the store though.

I'm working on hacking down the kernel to fit the compactflash. Has anyone used RH8 for this specific journey?

Benny

 Benjamin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was instantly able to use a 32mb mem card (sandisk) where my 256mb (simpletech) was not ever attached.

the 32mb upon insertion was placed to /dev/hde(1) immediatly. Easily mountable and usable in RH8 on dell 7500 laptop.

Anyone else having issues with 256mb or higher flash type cards.

Benny

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?