Hi all,

Well, I fixed the problem.  First I enabled the saslauthd service on both
systems and created a imapd.pem file on Jack.  I was still having
problems.  Turns out here is a problem with using Jack's fully qualived
domain name when logged into Jill.  I don't know why, yet.  But if I go
into Jill's /etc/hosts and put just the name jack before the fully
qualifed name, then IMAP works great.

Later,
Steven