>Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 23:00:11 -0700
>From: "kLicK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: More Questions
>
> I know you are all upset with all
>of these newbie questions, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Yup, we were all there once. That's what this list is for.....

>There are
>some programs that seem to do nothing when I try to load them.  They are
>Karambolage, Carrom, Curling, CXHextris, Air-Hocky, Pool, Nine Ball,
>Snooker, and XFish.  Now I know that XFish use to work on my old Red Hat 4.1
>(and the Xfree86 that came with it).  If it helps any my monitor is a 14
>inch multisync and I have a Matrox Mystique.  Thanks

All the above programs require use of palette switching and hence only work
in 8 bits-per-pixel mode. If you run them from an X-Term session you will
get the error messages as to why they don't start (always useful for
non-starting X apps). If you change your colour depth to 8bpp they will
work.

>-kLicK

>ICQ UIN - # 2101942

Kevin Thorpe