Following is some info on setting the duplex mode...

http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/network/063my/linux.htm

Optional parameters for the driver can be supplied as
command line arguments
to the insmod command. Commonly, these options are
specified in a module
configuration file: "/etc/modules.conf" or
"/etc/conf.modules." See the
Linux man page for more details on the module
configuration file. These
parameters take the form:

<parameter>=value[,value,...]

where the multiple values for the same parameter are
for multiple NICs
installed in the system. All the parameters are listed
below.

line_speed
Selects the line speed of the link. This parameter is
used together with
full_duplex to select the speed and duplex setting of
the link. The valid
values are:

0 - Auto-negotiate (default)
10 -10 Mbps
100 -100 Mbps
Note that selecting 1000 Mbps manually is invalid.
1000 Mbps can only be
achieved through autonegotiation.

full_duplex
Selects the duplexity of the link. This parameter is
used together with
line_speed to select the speed and duplex setting of
the link. Note that
this parameter is ignored if line_speed is 0. The
valid values are:

0 half duplex

1 full duplex (default)

rx_flow_control
Enables or disables receiving flow control (pause)
frames. This parameter is
used together with auto_flow_control. The valid values
are:

0 pause receive disabled (default)

1 pause receive enabled if auto_flow_control is set to
0, or pause receive
advertised if auto_flow_control is set to 1

tx_flow_control
Enables or disables transmitting flow control (pause)
frames. This parameter
is used together with auto_flow_control. The valid
values are:

0 pause transmit disabled (default)

1 pause transmit enabled if auto_flow_control is set
to 0, or pause transmit
advertised if auto_flow_control is set to 1

auto_flow_control
Enables or disables auto-negotiation of flow control.
This parameter is used
together with rx_flow_control and TX_flow_control to
determine the
advertised flow control capability. The valid values
are:

0 flow control auto-negotiation disabled (default)

1 flow control auto-negotiation enabled with
capability specified in
rx_flow_control and TX_flow_control (only valid if
line_speed is set to 0)

mtu
Enables jumbo frames up to the specified MTU size. The
valid range is from
1500 to 8184.

--- Bart SCHELSTRAETE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Don Leeper wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me how to change the duplex on a
> NIC?
> >

> Hello,
>
> Try ethtool , mii-tool or change the values in your
> /etc/modules.conf.
> (if you're using modules - of course)
>
> rgrds,
>        Bart
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s