Richard Humphrey wrote:
I have a home network with RH 8.0 running Sendmail and Imap/POP. When I try
to set up account in Outlook to connect to my mail server using either the
IP or the FQDN I get an error stating I cant connect to the outgoing server
(port 25). I can send mail just fine from the RH box. I can retrieve
incoming mail on the Outlook box but just cannot send anything out from
there. I am not running a firewall on either of those boxes but am going
through a DSL router, which I have configured, to NAT to/from the mail
server.

Sendmail is configured to only listen on 127.0.0.1 by default. This is a FAQ, but the mailing list archives are broken.

You have to edit sendmail.mc to comment out the DAEMON_OPTIONS line. then rebuild sendmail.cf and restart sendmail.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D