Make sure you aren't appending something like ".i386.rpm" onto the
end of the package name when you do "rpm --erase".

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: dbrett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: rpm confused

I am having problem with rpm.  I went to uninstall an program with rpm
(rpm --erease)  The message I get back is program is not installed.  I
then installed the program with rpm and the message I get back is program
is already installed.  I then did a force install with rpm (rpm -ivh
--force).  This went through without any indicated problems.  I then tried
to remove the program again and it failed withe same message, program not
installed.  I then had rpm do a rebuild (rpm --rebuilddb), this appeared
to work (at least no messages).

What is wrong and how do I fix it.

david