Have you given .i386.rpm at the end ? . In this case it will fail as you
have mentioned. You need to query the package name and then pass the
name of the package to b erased.

Ex:- rpm -qa |grep am-u*
It would return am-utils-6.0.7-9

Then type rpm -e am-utils-6.0.7-9.

Regards
Jerome

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/11/03 9:50:09 PM >>>
I am having problem with rpm.  I went to uninstall an program with rpm
(rpm --erease)  The message I get back is program is not installed.  I
then installed the program with rpm and the message I get back is
program
is already installed.  I then did a force install with rpm (rpm -ivh
--force).  This went through without any indicated problems.  I then
tried
to remove the program again and it failed withe same message, program
not
installed.  I then had rpm do a rebuild (rpm --rebuilddb), this
appeared
to work (at least no messages).

What is wrong and how do I fix it.

david