Douglas, Stuart wrote:
I do have one parting question for you and the group regarding doing
this "monitor for directory/file changes and notify via e-mail" process
in a script (using ls, diff, and so forth) vs. using a more targeted
utility like fam...is one path significantly superior to the other, and
if so, why?

I lean toward scripts if I have the time to spend to set one up. You can make it do exactly what you want, and you tend to learn things that are applicable to other problems.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D