James Francis wrote:
> Cannon, Andrew wrote:
>> Does that apply to LVM partitions too?
> For LVM, use e2fsadm.  Do a man on e2fsadm.  It will work flawlessly.
> If you are using ext3 partitions, I would change them to ext2 first.
> 1.  Umount the partition.
> 2.  Remove the journal, tune2fs -O^has_journal /dev/<Volume>/<Logical
Volume>
> 3.  Use e2fsadm
> 4.  Add the journal back, tune2fs -Ohas_journal /dev/<Volume>/<Logical
Volume>

One correction, I would use tune2fs -j /dev/<Volume>/<Logical Volume>.
Does the same thing, but with less typing.

> 5.  Mount the partition
> <Volume> is your volume group
> <Logical Volume> is your logical volume
>
> The reason for removing the journal is that e2fsadm only works with
> ext2 filesystems
> and the journal is created appropriately for the size of the
> filesystem.
>
> FYI, LVM also makes it easy to move partitions from 1 disk to
> another.  man pvmove.

JMF
James Francis
TechRx Inc.
530 Lindbergh Dr.
Coraopolis, Pa. 15108
Phone: (412) 474-1078   Fax: (412) 474-1074
This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies
of the original message.