Hi all,

I'm looking for 2 software packages and hoping for recommendations.  I
noticed a lot of circuit/logic circuit tools, but I've no idea which
does what.  Basically, I'm looking for something for Linux that is
something like MicroSim's DesignLab.  I need something where I can draw
a circuit (perhaps analog, perhaps digital, perhaps both) that has some
library function with specific chips in it.  And, when constructed, show
me the node voltages, currents, etc.  Logic timing diagrams would be
nice, too.  Finally, graph the input vs. output, curves.  Is there such
a (free) package?  If not, anyone know of a non-free but student-priced
package?  I know I can use the MicroSim evaluation package, but I don't
want to resort to installing Windows on my machine.  It works well, why
break it? ;)

Also, I'm looking for a package where I can create an object, tell the
computer the dimensions, and then be able to rotate it 360 degrees to
see it from different angles.  Then I'd like to be able to add other
components and put them together, group the objects, and finally be able
to rotate the whole darn thing around, etc.  I think this would be a CAD
package I'm looking for -- any suggestions here?

Thanks,

    -Fred