Well I dont know of one package that will do all that
for drawing circuits , logic or analog xcircuit is great, easy and fast and
free!
I dont remember where to get it, but I can find out if you cant find it from a
search. It doesnt do simulation though
For that you need spice and spiceCAD which are on sunsite. Of course there is
some learning curve there. For quick schematics, xcircuit takes some beating.
Your other question  suggests you need a 3D modelling package. I use AC3D
which allows you to scale , resize and set all 3 dimensions of each primitive,
join form unions and much more all for around $10 I think. There is a free
working demo as well. You can view, rotate and export in POV format which is
great for rendering your work later.
There are other modellers out there like sced, aero etc, but AC3D is the
easiest to learn ( I think)
Hope that helps, if not drop[ me a line and I will try to find out more

Phil

Fred Whipple wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for 2 software packages and hoping for recommendations.  I
> noticed a lot of circuit/logic circuit tools, but I've no idea which
> does what.  Basically, I'm looking for something for Linux that is
> something like MicroSim's DesignLab.  I need something where I can draw
> a circuit (perhaps analog, perhaps digital, perhaps both) that has some
> library function with specific chips in it.  And, when constructed, show
> me the node voltages, currents, etc.  Logic timing diagrams would be
> nice, too.  Finally, graph the input vs. output, curves.  Is there such
> a (free) package?  If not, anyone know of a non-free but student-priced
> package?  I know I can use the MicroSim evaluation package, but I don't
> want to resort to installing Windows on my machine.  It works well, why
> break it? ;)
>
> Also, I'm looking for a package where I can create an object, tell the
> computer the dimensions, and then be able to rotate it 360 degrees to
> see it from different angles.  Then I'd like to be able to add other
> components and put them together, group the objects, and finally be able
> to rotate the whole darn thing around, etc.  I think this would be a CAD
> package I'm looking for -- any suggestions here?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     -Fred
>
> --

email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This message was sent  using Linux 2.0 power!
Where do you want to go tomorrow?