On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 22:38, remo wrote:
> HI guys I would like to know if anyone has used the raid software
> under redhat. I have installed and configured, then I move the 3
> drives that I have to a diff box raid 5 and for some reasons one of
> the drive did not come back, I check the settings and now it’s fine
> but when I go to the /proc/mdstat I do not see the 3rd drive in the
> raid 5 anyone has any suggestions?
>
> Here is the mdstat
>
> Personalities : [raid1] [raid5]
>
> read_ahead 1024 sectors
>
> md1 : active raid5 hda3[0] hdb3[1]
>
>       118832640 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 0 [3/2] [UU_]
>

> md0 : active raid1 hda2[0] hdb2[1]
>
>       102720 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>

> unused devices: <none>

I've had similar problems. According to me my RAID5 set (of 3x80 GB
disks) didn't complete the raid 5 construction phase during install.
Install continued on 2 disks, and then a RAID 5 construction isn;t
necesary as there are only two disks.

I simply fixed this by raidhotadd the partition to the RAID 5 set. It
started reconstructing the RAID set immediately. After that I haven't
seen a error for months now.

In you case it will probably be raidhotadd /dev/md1 /dev/hdc3

Hope this helps you too !

Rick