Sorry to be off topic here, but I have some HR
experience here...how geek is that?

I used to work in HR for a very large transportation
company before I was laid off too, but what the deal
is with this that there is no money allocated for
relocating folks from outside the area...So that is
why they are only looking for local folks.

If they see you are outside off the area on the
application, roundfile it.  I'm not sure even if you
put 'will relocate at my own cost.'

-Chris

Ric Tibbetts said:
> Unfortunately, relocating isn't even always an
option.
> I'm seeing more, and more statements like the
following:

> ---
> Principals only. Candidates OUTSIDE OF SOUTHERN
CALIFORNIA WILL NOT
BE
> CONSIDERED IN THIS SEARCH.
>
> [Company name removed] is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.

I see that all the time too.

one of my former co workers has been applying for jobs
all over the
country and not a single reply. He *WANTS* to
relocate, he's in New
Hampshire and has been there for 20 years, and hates
the lack of tech
there.

=====
Winning an argument on the internet is like getting 1st place at the Special Olympics