Limb wrote:

Sorry for making you have to see that bad word.. but anyways... How can
i conenct to my linux box from another pc and compile/edit C++ stuff on
it?

You should use ssh. There are a number of windows clients. I prefer putty or ssh from cgywin. Of course with cygwin you can just install gcc, and compile things from windows;-)

http://www.cygwin.com/

Also how do i get my network assigned IP? i can't find it from any
network/ethernet config editors.

Try `/sbin/ifconfig` from a command prompt. I'm sure that there is some neat gui, but ifconfig always works.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.