sorry! that I had got out of  following the disgussion!
I had drop from this maillist for few days and received no email!
I didn't know why! Now, I had subscribed by a new mail box!

I had read your answer on the webpage(it cost me an hour to
find my thread again! The search of the maillist didn't work
 at all!

   Let's go back to the problem of grub!
> > (hd0,5) is /dev/hdb6 which is your swap partition according to
> >the partition table you posted earlier:
>
> >I would have expected you to install GRUB with root=(hd0,4).
>
> >Why GRUB thinks that (hd0,5) is ext2, is beyond me. Maybe the
> >partition type has been set wrongly. Check with "fdisk -l /dev/hdb"
> >since "parted" displays the installed file-system.
>
> >But since you had mentioned the initial installation worked, maybe
> >you played with the BIOS settings and disabled LBA or anything like
> >that.
   I had try to setup GRUB with root=(hd0,4)
 and it told me that it can't recognize the partition type!
 I think it may recognized (hd0,4) as the extension partition!

 I had try "fdisk -l /dev/hdb" as you told me before ,the result is the same!

 I am interesting on the BIOS seting you told !
 Actually I did't touch the  BIOS myself! It's setup by the sailer!
 Can you tell me more about it!
>There's nothing further I can do when you insist on specifying your
>swap partition as GRUB root device.
 As I had tool you before I set root(hd0,5) and boot my redhat fine!
 So I think (hd0,5) is my / ,not the swap!
 And I think it is actually where the question is:why the GRUB recognize the
 / as (hd0,5) which should be (hd0,4)!