Jeffrey Lawton said:

> Has anyone else seen this before? Know what it means? Am I going to have
> to wait for RH9 for support, or - this really worries me - does this mean
> my brand-new, less-than-a-month-old motherboard is already an unsupported
> orphan? (Would anyone from Intel care to comment - uh - would they dare?)
> Is there a beta version of the OS or parts of it addressing this issue
> that I could help test maybe? (I also noted that in dmesg it complained
> about "unknown bridge resource 0 - assumed
> transparent" which might also mean something to someone)

I have never used a P4 system(if I'm lucky maybe i never will), but
IRQs above 15 are very common on Dual proc IA32 machines.

e.g.:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:  155646450  155595630    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        604        606    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:     567483     569737    IO-APIC-edge  serial
  8:          0          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:          2          8    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 19:     795915     798381   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx, aic7xxx, Mylex DAC960PRL
 21:    9125385    9120879   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci, eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:  311270291  311270279
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

thats from an Intel L440GX+ motherboard with dual P3-450Mhz cpus,
running redhat 7.3(my one and only redhat box, the rest are debian)

even under kernel 2.2 irqs above 15 worked fine. I think this is
SMP-specific, so if your system is not a dual proc box, using
the SMP kernel may help, though I suspect the SMP code won't
enable itself unless it sees the additional cpus.

so my thinking is maybe the board just has some weird hardware
that the system doesn't like(one reason I'm not fond of the latest
bleeding edge stuff, my fastest processor is a 2-year old athlon
1300), the dual p3-450 above is actually newer then the athlon :)

good luck.

nate