Not on RH 8. On RH 8 it is VSFTPD

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Joe Polk
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 11:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (no subject)

RH's default deamon for FTP is wu-ftp.

<<JAV>>

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 12:29, Alan Giltinan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I installed redhat 8(psyche) recently and did so with the ftp option
enabled. I am not sure what daemon it is. I am new to this environment.
> I can ftp out of the machine no problem but i cant ftp into the machine.
> I have checked the security permissioins and the firewall, which was also
setup at installation time, is in the default position. As a result, no
incoming traffic can get through.
> I have tried to customise by clicking that option and then enabling the
ftp option. However when i click ok to this and go back into the security
level windows nothing changed.
> So it seems i can not enable the ftp, or any incoming, traffic for that
mater.
> I am logged in as root.
> Did i do something wrong on installation, i cant see where, or is there
something i have to click to allow root to change the security level on the
firewall?

> The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by
legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error
please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any
unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information
electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in
this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as
transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.