You're missing a subject on your original post.  Honestly, it will help
you get a response.  If you can't be bothered to give your post a
subject, how can you expect others to bother opening your message?

Try 'traceroute -I'  I had the same problem once when I was behind a
firewall on an Air Force base.  The "I" switch makes traceroute use ICMP
ECHO instead of UDP datagrams.  I believe the traceroute in Windows uses
ICMP ECHO by default.

Juan