You do not need two NICs in the secondary DNS. However, you secondary
DNS server should be accessible in the case of primary DNS failure.
For example, if you will place your primary DNS on the router, which
connect your secondary DNS server to Internet (I think that you use such
a configuration because you have two NICs in the primary DNS), and that
router fails, you will not have access from the Internet to your
secondary DNS
server and you will not have disaster recovery capability for the
clients from
the Internet.

You should list yor secondary DNS server in the NS record for the zone
which it will
serve in the same way as you did for primary DNS. Clients will use both
NS
records for primary and secondary DNS servers. Therefore, as long as
both servers
work each of then will serve one half of client requests, and when one
of them
fails all requests will be addressed to the working server.

Of course, it is the description of the typical situation. If you have
some unusual network configuration or requirements, the DNS
configuration
could be more complex.

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux.