Michael Jinks writes:
> Oh, by the way, I have version 5.0-1 of the rvplayer rpm.  Accordint to
> their web site, version 5 _is_ the latest version, so any idea why they
> would say that my version is out of date?

I had the same problem - it was solved by the shell wrapper script someone
metioned earlier in this thread. In my shell script (located in
/usr/local/bin), I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH (so that rvplayer can find its libs!)
and IIRC MOZILLA_HOME (can't check now as I'm at work) and then call
rvplayer (which is located in /usr/local/rvplayer5.0). Once I had tused this
wrapper the problem with the "out of date version" went away. i suspect that
rvplayer wasn't finding some of its libraries.

HTH,

Thomas