Anyone has the official MD5SUMs for RH 9 ???

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Wilts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 1 de Abril de 2003 18:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Download Redhat 9 right now

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 10:59:56AM -0500, Jeff Bearer wrote:
> I bet this is a little bitter sweet for Red Hat, while BitTorrent will
> save them and the mirrors tremendous bandwidth, I bet they would prefer
> that this came out next Monday when shrike is released to the public.
>
> I wonder how companies like Red Hat feel about programs like BitTorrent
> as a primary method of distribution?

Repeat after me:  The Red Hat Linux 9 distribution is distributable
under the GNU Public License.  Now how do you think Red Hat feels?  Do
you think they're so naive that they didn't think was going to happen?
Even if the product was fully proprietary with a closed license, it would
still make it out.  The license is open - there is absolutely nothing
wrong with distributing as many copies as you want.  Just because all
the mirrors don't have it available doesn't mean anything.  The more
people that get it from BitTorrent, the less load on RHN and the less
load on all the mirrors next week.

Officially, the software has not been released, but it has been
announced.

If you are going to be downloading via BitTorrent, please do yourself a
favor and look at the official MD5SUMS before you burn the CDs.  MD5
tools are available for Windows too (I ran one on XP this morning). Mine
passed, but that doesn't mean that your's will.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]