Brian C Hand writes:
[...]
> failed dependencies:
>         libm.so.6 is needed by tcl-8.0-12
>         libdl.so.2 is needed by tcl-8.0-12
>         libc.so.6 is needed by tcl-8.0-12
>         ld-linux.so.2 is needed by tcl-8.0-12
>         /sbin/ldconfig   is needed by tcl-8.0-12

Looks to me as if you were trying to install something packaged for RHL 5.0 on
a 4.x system. Hence, you're missing all the glibc-stuff (e.g. libc.so.6). From
what I've seen on the list, it is not recommendable *at all* to try and
upgrade these libraries on a 4.x system, so you either have to recompile the
package you want to install (if possible) or to find a rpm which was built for
RHL 4.x (libc.so.5).

HTH,

Thomas
                          Analog Devices BV,
              Raheen Industrial Estate, Limerick, Ireland

        (private) WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/2575
                   (best viewed with Java disabled)

         The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
           and do not reflect the official views of Analog Devices BV.