From: Bret Hughes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 9:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: backup script

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 13:04, Burke, Thomas G. wrote:

> Here's the error when I run the script as is:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /backup]# ./backup
> : command not found
> : No such file or directory
> : command not found
> ./backup: ./backup: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file
>
> Here's the script:
>
> BACKUP_DIRECTORY=/backup/tomii
> SOURCE_DIRECTORY=/
>
> cd $SOURCE_DIRECTORY
>
> for i in * ; do tar -zcvf "$BACKUP_DIRECTORY/$i.tgz" $i ; done

I don't see anything wrong with this except we don't know what shell
it
is running in. I usually put #!/bin/bash as the first line.

yep just tested on my machine and killed it before I filled up my
drive
:) no errors

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bhughes]$ cat testscript

BACKUP_DIRECTORY=/home/bhughes/backup/tomii
SOURCE_DIRECTORY=/

cd $SOURCE_DIRECTORY

for i in * ; do tar -zcvf "$BACKUP_DIRECTORY/$i.tgz" $i ; done

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bhughes]$

hmmm.

Bret

- --