On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 20:49, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> I can tell you now that Im not having a single problem with it. Mind you
> Im not running a server or anything, and I am fairly competent with
> linux... They only issue I had was that my boot partition was too small
> to use the upgrade option ( since it doesnt delete old kernels ), but I
> lost NOT ONE confiuration option, since my home directory is a separate
> partition.
>
> I will be installing the JRE and NVidia drivers soon. Ill let you know
> how it goes.
>
> Cheer,
> Ryan

   Hmmmm. thanks. That sounds encouraging, since I also am not running a
server, and I also have /home in a seperate partition (seperate drive,
actually). I'm a little newer at linux (6mo) but learning fast. I got rh
8.0 configured after much mucking around, and I have the planet CCRMA
alsa stuff installed, so I'll prob just wait 'till theire stuff supports
it. Since I don't have a burner, (yes, I know, they're cheap, but I'm
extremely financially challenged at the moment) So I was wondering If
anyone out there knew a way to dl the disk images, then mount them
directly and update from that. and Ryan, btw, how big is the /boot
patition you're running?
   I've tried to update myself to new versions before, but I just dont
know enough yet, or It just doesn't work. the only luck I've ever had
was to use the disks. Yet it seems that there would be a way to do this.
Definetly keep me posted.
-Jim

--
Jim Wilferling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>