On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, fred smith wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:05:08PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> >
> > > Just to clarify it (I've never used up2date): You *do* need a RHN
> > > subscription for up2date, right? Are there mirrors?
> >
> > You need an "account".  You *do not* need a subscription.
> >
> > If you have a subscription you will not get rejected during periods of
> > high usage.
>
> Yes, I know. I've been updating this system via up2date for a couple

My response was directed at T. Ribbrock....who seems like he didn't know.

> of years. Suddenly 3-5 days go by when even a ten-minute polling
> interval won't get me in. So I was just asking if others have seen
> it being unusually busy this week, or what.

If you are using an "account" and not a "subscription" then you and others
are seeing what you have reported due to the demand on the RHN servers
related to downloading of Red Hat 9.

> I suppose I could shorten the interval, but I'm trying to be a
> good citizen, not a resource hog.

Or spend the $60 and help Red Hat.  Maybe they should turn the hat upside
down in the webpages for subscriptions.  :-)

Ed

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs