On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:56:50PM -0500, fred smith wrote:
> I've been trying since Monday to get into up2date and get nothing but
> "Demo service currently disabled due to high load." I've even written
> a shellscript that retries every 10 minutes. it has been running
> continuously since Monday and has yet to get in.

It has been busy this week because
1) Red Hat Linux 9 was released to RHN members on Monday
2) A bunch of new patches were recently released

> Is it really that busy, or are they just
> <conspiracy theory alert>
> trying to get us so frustrated that we'll pay for the service?
> </conspiracy theory alert>
>
> Has anyone been able to connect at all this week?

I have successfully connected using my demo RHN account to update my RHL
9 system.  I have both demo and paid RHN accounts.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]