> You guys are so far ahead of me, I only understand about .01 percent of what
> I read.  I'm 55 and always used DOS/Windows.  I have moaned about the loss
> of the ability to tweak my computer as I pleased ever since Windows came
> out.  I've never even used Unix before.  Do you suppose I'm biting off more
> than I can chew to try to learn such a DIFFERENT operating system at my age?
> I don't even have a clue about the nomenclature, even.

I definately do not think Linux is more than you can handle.  Anyone
who is comfortable playing around with their system can install and
use Linux effectively.  It takes time to get over the initial steep
learnig curve with UNIX but once past that hump things get much
better.

I say go for it!

--[Lance]
--