> You guys are so far ahead of me, I only understand about .01 percent of what
> I read.  I'm 55 and always used DOS/Windows.  I have moaned about the loss
> of the ability to tweak my computer as I pleased ever since Windows came
> out.  I've never even used Unix before.  Do you suppose I'm biting off more
> than I can chew to try to learn such a DIFFERENT operating system at my age?
> I don't even have a clue about the nomenclature, even.

Certainly not.  Start with something simple, and master that first.  Then
use that information to build your knowledge-base, and you'll see how fast
things come together.

Also, if your not interested in how to use a particular feature, just find
one particular thing you are interested in, and have fun with that.

And if your really ambitious, you can use what you were good at in DOS,
and help others with problems that you understand, but someone else might
not.  Perhaps even send in suggestions on how things could be improved
from your standpoint, that is, a new user.

Dave