aoc wrote:

> can anyone provide tips on speeding up x?
> it's very slow. just how slow? imagine a windows 386sx (16mb ram)
> operating twice as fast as a pII (32mb sdram) that has x on it.

Yoiks!  Doing what?

I don't know much about X, but it sounds to me like something is _wrong_, not
just improperly tweaked.  Is it like that for everything, or only certain
apps?  Are your non-X apps also slow?  What about when X is running but you're
on a different terminal (ctrl-alt-F2)?

What does your processor load look like?  Have you tried running top and
seeing if anybody is getting carried away with your resources?