I'm sorry, I just had to interject:
http://linuxhelp.no/google.gif

- -- Jonathan

- -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Redhat71
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 7:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: pls do NOT abuse the list (was "Re: xinetd")

> Nguyen, David M wrote:
>> My machine does not have xinetd installed.  Where can I get a
>> download and how to install it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>>

> Do a google on 'xinetd'

suggesting others to use google is a good thing itself,
but on a redhat maillist, it's more like a SPAM !

is REDHAT more famous than GOOGLE?!
i don't think so, anyone who knows REDHAT, should know GOOGLE !

the person who asked this question could be lazy, he didn't try
google
or, could've tried but got too many results while what he wants is a
quick
answer
or ...

no matter how, the anwser "google" is absolutely NOT going to help
him!

so, you were not trying to help him at all?
then why did you reply, can't you just ignore it ?

even if you really think that there are people on this list who know
redhat but don't know google,
or you really enjoy sending people "google", can't you just send it
those people only, instead of the whole list?

what would you think if i start to reply every question with "google"
?
would you enjoy that ?

i doubt! you know google, you use goolge, you even suggest other
people to
use google ... you certainly don't need it !

i really like this maillist, i learned a lot from it
but recently i am dealing with it the way i deal with SPAM cause
there are
too many USELESS messages!
for example, the famouse "unsubscribe me"
while getting a message of "unsubscribe me" doesn't really bother me,
but
getting dozens of "re: unsubscribe me" does
i have to set filters to avoid getting messages like that

does it have to be this way ?!  or, am i the only one suffering from
it ?

- --