Hi, I recently leased a dedicated server and asked for four additional IP's
to be allocated to my machine (it came with 2).  I told them I'd install the
IP's myself because I've done it before, however I think I've only done it
on RH 7.2 systems, this new box being 7.3.

Anyhoo, these are the instructions I had saved from before when doing this,
after a reboot my new IP's don't show up in ifconfig though.

--

Login as root.

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0:0
pico ifcfg-eth0:0

change the two lines as follows where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the new ip address
you want to use for your name server.

DEVICE="eth0:0"
IPADDR="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Save the file

You can repeat this using eth0:1, eth0:2 etc for any additional ip addresses
you want to allocate to this box. If you only have one box then leave one ip
address unassigned as you will need it when configuring the "secondary"
virtual dns.

logout and REBOOT your server from the control panel

--

Can anyone tell me what I missed?

thanks,
Brad