Title: Re: Hello World
a.out is the executable cc created if you did not specify the executable name in your cc command. Type a.out will run your program.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: RedHat List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 1998 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: Hello World

Why go through all this work? get hello-3.6b5-glibc.i386.rpm from contrib. Mostly bug free, with full documentation.

Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bgcorp.com

>From: "Michael"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Hello World
>Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:24:29 +0200

Hi all ! Sorry if this is off-topic I have just made my very first c-program, it's the world famous "Hello World" and I'm now stuck with a file called a.out The book I am reading doesn't tell me exactly what to do with this file, only that i shall do this: cc myprog.c mod1.c mod2.o but I don't understand what is meant with that, so can anyone here pleace tell me what to do with this file so that I can execute it ? Ý Thanks Ý ps. does anyone know a good IDE for redhat linux ?