You can also

A) Change Terminal types before telnet'g in.
        if your in a remote X, fire up an "xterm &" and then
        telnet into the linux box. (assumption due to dtterm)

        If you need vt100, try "xterm -tn vt100 &" and then
        telnet into the linux box.

B) Put this in your ~/.bash_profile file (if using bash) on the
   Linux box:

case $TERM in
        dtterm)
                TERM="vt100" ; export TERM ;
                echo "Terminal set to $TERM" ;;
        xterm)
                echo "Your terminal is an $TERM" ;;
        vt100)
                echo "Terminal type is $TERM" ;;
        *)
                echo "Terminal type is $TERM" ;;
esac

Have fun,
Rick

--
Rick L. Mantooth        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.why.net/users/rickdman/index.html