A. S. Budden wrote:
Hi there,

I have an ISP that provides an "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" type
email address, where anything sent to that domain name is delivered to
one mailbox, accessible by pop3.  I use fetchmail to download the email
and procmail to sort out to whom it was sent. My procmail recipes for
this are as follows (ish):

:0:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/home/me/mail/inboxes/my_mail

:0:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! [EMAIL PROTECTED]

However, once in a while, mutual friends send both "me" and
"somebody_else" emails, but since [EMAIL PROTECTED] is in the TO
field of both of these, they both get delivered to me, rather than one
being delivered to me and the other being forwarded to the other email
address.  I'm sure the situation is even worse when there's BCCs
involved.

Can anyone suggest a better way of doing this?

If it makes any difference, I'm using Redhat 9, fetchmail release
6.2.0+IMAP-GSS+NTLM+SSL+INET6+NLS, procmail v3.22 and fetchmail (and
hence procmail) are picking emails up from several other servers as well
as subdomain.domain.com.

Many thanks in advance,

Al

You could try using the 'c' option. For example:

:0 c:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/home/me/mail/inboxes/my_mail

:0:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The first recipe makes a copy and acts on that. The copy continues to the next recipe. The second recipe, if it acts, stops the processing at that point. Look in man procmailrc. Their are other flags if you want to get more complicated, like the A option that tells a recipe to NOT execute if the previous recipe executed.

HTH,
Bill