Peter Kiem wrote:
Hi Joseph,

It's very safe to assume that, but it's not always the case. On occasion
I've been known to pop open pine and send an email from there.

And pine does direct to remote SMTP email?  Doubt it.  Surely you had to
configure a POP3 and SMTP server in Pine so it knew how to send/receive?

I've been through the configure for Pine, I don't think it does remote mail at all.

If they are just blocking all residential IP's, then any mail I send
would be blocked (I haven't actually had issue to send my Aunt an email
as of late) as all MY mail would have MY IP attached.

No it would have your ISP's mailserver's IP address.  Yours would only be in
the headers of the email but the connection doesn't come from your IP
address!

True.