Hello!

I've searched the archives, but the last time that I can find that this
issue was addressed was back in 2001, so I thought I'd check for updates.

I'm looking for a (hopefully easy) way to set up an AES encrypted
partition on my RedHat 9 system.  I have a clean drive to use, and I do
not want to patch the kernel, because then my RedHat Network won't keep
track of my kernel updates (I know, I know, I'm not a true guru, I'm
still learning this stuff. :))

I've found references to the loop-AES and looked at it a bit.  I'm
cautious about replacing several system utilities, but if that's the only
way, I'll give it a shot.  What the heck, might be a good chance to see if
my backup strategy is actually working! ;)

I saw references to having encrypted filesystems available in the next
kernel release.  If that's the case, and it's due out in the not to
distant future, I could hold off.

Thanks!

Ben Weiss