At 6/18/2003 06:08 +1000, you wrote:
What protocol is used to send email?  SMTP!
Where does your mail client use SMTP to?  A SMTP ***SERVER***

Yes. That could be AOL's server directly, too.

For you to be sending out SMTP traffic directly to AOL you have to be
running some sort of mailserver so yes you are running a server and in
violation of your TOS.

Please don't be foolish.

AOL customers run a mail client only and send traffic directly to AOL servers.

I can set my "outgoing" mail server in Eudora to be AOL's server and send mail to them directly.

Neither of these requires me to run a mail server; you do NOT have to be running any sort of mail server to send mail directly to the destination's MTA.

Also, please show which part of my TOS I am violating.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz [EMAIL PROTECTED]