Hi all,

I installed RedHat 9 and executed up2date to upgrade packages that
needed to be upgraded.
After that, I tried to burn a CD with XCDRoast and about 30 secs after
starting to burn the CD the hole system stopped. The only thing I could
do was to push the power off button and restart it again.

I checked all system logs but found nothing suspicious so I tried again.
And again the system froze.

After searching groups.google.com and asking lots of people if they ever
had a problem like this before, there was no solution available.

Because I didn't want to wait for XFree to load I restarted the computer
once again, but this time I just wanted to stay at INIT 3 level. I ran
the command cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -vV blank=fast speed=4 to blank the CDRW
media I was using and everything went ok. Altough i found it quite weird
I thought everything would be alright so I went to INIT 5 and load
XFree. Executed XCdRoast and the system froze once again.

I rebooted the computer (again on INIT 3 level), blanked the CD and
burned the ISO image I wanted with no problems. I loaded XFree again and
tried to burn into a diferent media but the hole system froze again so I
reckon there's somekind of problem with the window system.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how did you solve it? I
already disabled all "autorun-like" features in Gnome2.2 but still the
computer freezes. I would really like not to have to reboot the system
into runlevel 3 just to burn a CD so any kind of assistance is deeply
appreciated.

Cheers all,
Celso