On 24 Jun 2003, Celso Pinto wrote:

> After that, I tried to burn a CD with XCDRoast and about 30 secs after
> starting to burn the CD the hole system stopped. The only thing I could
> do was to push the power off button and restart it again.

I can't speak to Xcdroast, but I had similar problems with cdrecord under
RH 8. The USB code is still somewhat immature, and some devices don't play
well with others. You might try disabling magicdev before running anything
over USB...I've found that magicdev often goes into uninterruptable sleeps
when communicating to USB 1.1 devices on my boxen.

Using the latest RH kernel and USB 2.0 with magicdev off has gotten rid of
the problems for me. YMMV.

--
Sen. Orrin Hatch thinks destroying private property to ensure bigger
campaign contributions from media cartels is "good politics." Let your