I'm interested in a way to redirect sound to another server. I know esd
and arts have the capability to bind to sockets, but is there actually a
way to export sound that isn't application-specific?

For example, I can run xine with the video exported to my local server,
but the sound still plays on the remote server. I'd like to be able to
treat both video *and* sound as a client. How can I do that?

--
Sen. Orrin Hatch thinks destroying private property to ensure bigger
campaign contributions from media cartels is "good politics." Let your