On Friday 27 June 2003 21:30, Lazor, Ed wrote:
> Both actually.
>
> The specific question I'm trying to answer right now is... How do
> find the max index of an array?
>
> I tend to come up with a lot of questions like that as I'm learning
> and any mailing lists would be helpful.  I'm doing network
> programming on a RedHat box, so I'm assuming RedHat specific lists
> would be ideal.
>
> What do you think?

If I understand your question correctly, the most obvious answer would
be 1 less than the size of the array:

main()
{
        char letters[100];

        printf("Max index number = %d\n", sizeof (letters) - 1);
}

and the valid indexes would be 0 - 99.

Newsgroups like comp.lang.c, comp.lang.c.moderated have posters with a
wide range of skills that may be good for generic programming questions
like that.

Another avenue would be to find an interesting open source project and
spend some time with the code to see what's being done.  Pick something
you're interested in and similar to your project then pull routines and
play with them to see what they do.

Regards,  Mike Klinke