On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 00:46, dlangschied wrote:
> Steve,
> I also have another question out there involving the stall of my boot
> process.  If I plug in my network, I get a stall at pcmcia durin reboot.  I
> need to fix this so that I can get to the internet to get the webadmin
> software.  Any ideas?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David Langschied
> Langschied Consulting Services
> 25644 Mackinac
> Roseville, MI 48066

When you say "stall" - does that mean that the boot is waiting for eth0
to come up? (or PCMCIA?)

If you're using DHCP to gain an IP address, that could be one of the
possible problems - the stall would be your workstation waiting to get a
new IP address via the DHCP server; by having static IP addresses, this
issue doesn't occur...

But meanwhile, if you can paste the output of "dmesg" that would help to
determine the true issue and resolution would then be a tad bit easier!

(Ferndale - wow...never had the joy of living there, but living in Hazel
Park, Southfield, Madison Heights and Warren wasn't always a joy) Gosh,
Australia's purty cool compared to the Detroit suburbs! (g)

--
Mon Jun 30 08:05:00 EST 2003
 08:05:00 up 5 days,  7:51,  4 users,  load average: 1.03, 0.96, 0.91

Dasher, Dancer ... Prancer ... Nixon, Comet, Cupid ... Donna Dixon.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire